7/06/2008

What did Lily eat? - Lunch 7/6/08

After my experience with over-hyped, over-priced, so-so tasting food at Allard last night, I was starting to wonder if I liked French (Parisian I suppose) food at all...

Disenchanted with the web recommendations, I set out to try my luck at some random place. After passing up the closest spots due to the look of the place or a funny name, I chose a place called Le Bistro, innocuous enough. I got the "crazy salad" - that's actually what it was called. It was indeed crazy big, huge!!! It had lettuce, tomatoes, smoked salmon, and grapefruit. Grapefuit? It was awesome!! Everytime I had a piece of grapefruit in my mouth, it was like "wow, grapefruit". Thus, the crazy salad has restored my faith in food in Paris.

PS, really great kirs for 3euros.

No comments: