7/06/2008

Being a tourist is tiring!

I had forgotten how tiring it was to be a tourist.

Today is the first Sunday of the month, otherwise known as the free museum day in Paris. So, to take advantage, I went to several museums, to get my money's worth!

My first stop was the Picasso museum which I had never visited before. I'm glad I went on a free day. I didn't like it much, as I don't usually like Picasso much. There were a couple pieces I liked though.

Next, I went to the Middle Ages museum. I was looking forward to seeing the fridgidarium - a well-preserved Gallo-Roman bath - but unfortunately, it was closed. :( I don't usually like tapestries because they're so 2-dimensional and usually faded. However, the centerpiece of this museum was the Lady and the Unicorn collection. It was actually pretty nice.


Finally, I closed out the day with the Rodin Museum - my favorite museum in Paris (second would be the Dali museum). It was great as usual. I had a bit of a scare when I didn't find L'Idol Eternelle for quite a while. But finally, it was there and I was able to relax. The garden was more beautiful than I remember. I'll be returning to the Rodin musem on 7-20 when I have tickets to the Camille Claude exhibition, can't wait!

I had originally planned to go to the museum in the Pompidou center afterwards, but my feet said no. (need ice packs...)

Apparently, the golden dome I'm so font of photographing is L'Eglise de St-Louis-des-Invalides.

Here is my chef d'oeuvre:
More pictures can be found in the right-hand side menu.

PS. The Rodin Museum has the best raspberry sorbet, in the world!!!!

No comments: