7/15/2008

Hoegaarden

Have you had white beer before? Also referred to as white ale.

I went out with the French folk in the lab and their friends for "Monday" evening drinking. It's usually a Monday thing but since there's no Monday this workweek, it was automatically moved to Tuesday.

Not to seem too weird and since someone else was paying for me since I had no cash, I got a beer. They had this funny white beer which sounded interesting to me. So I got that, what the hell, I don't like beer anyway. It was very interesting. It was Hoegaarden which has been heavily advertised on the French radiostation I listen to. It has a funny aftertaste that I can't quite place, though the web seems to indicate coriander. Not licorice though.

I thought it was ok. Not bad for a beer, very light.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/83/248/

I also learned:
Monaco = 1/2 beer, 1/2 limonade, a dash of grenadine

No comments: