7/22/2008

The cleanliness of Parisian streets

I have to say I was definitely impressed by how clean the city streets were. I expected, from experience and by reputation, that the sidewalks would be virtually coated with doggie-do. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the relatively sparseness of this Parisian specialty. I have to assume that either they are paying the street cleaners extra to ramasse la merde or dog owners have become responsible (unlikely the latter). It was a great change from my memories and from home neighborhood. Oh, and in case you were worried, this is not due to a lack of dogs. No, the dog population (which Stephen Clarke compared to the size of a small army) has not decreased. This was not a bad thing since I was able to see cute little dogs at every turn.

No comments: