7/12/2008

Cool Paris transport? = REJECTED

Today is Saturday and I figured that since the buses would be running on a less frequent schedule, it might be the time to try out the neat Parisian bike borrowing program. http://www.velib.paris.fr/ There are many little stations around the city where these bikes are located and you can borrow one for 30 min at a time for free. If you exceed 30min, it's 1euro for the next 30 min and 2 euros for the next 30min after that. It costs 1euro to subscribe for a day, 5euro/week and 29euro/year. Seems very cool and ecological! However, when I tried to get one today, I was rejected :( Like most automated money taking devices in Europe, Velib only accepts cards with the little gold card (plus). And sadly, not a carrier of such a card, I was denied. I suppose I'll just have to wait for my opportunity to be crushed by cars while biking in paris.

No comments: