7/12/2008

Stupid American tourists

American tourists are super dumb. But it's not just that. It's the way they act...

I felt surrounded by American tourists today. Well, obviously this was my fault since I was wandering around in touristy places. I even ate at a very touristy restaurant. I know I said I wouldn't do this anymore. However, I was ridiculously hungry and it was the closest place.

They seated 2 teenage girls from Texas next to me. And they were just obnoxious because they never made any attempt to speak in French and just chattered a bit about nothing in that "Clueless" sort of way. I tried to will one to fall over when she started calling "garcon" - note: don't do that!

2 comments:

Bao said...

You should have said something in French, followed by "american", and walked away in a classic Parisian snooty huff. :)

Lily said...

I was in a hurry today but got stuck behind a wall of stupid tourists. But I resisted the urge to bop them on the head and all I did was sigh. But apparently the tourists around me found this already offensive. Peasants!!