7/15/2008

July 14th - Bastille Day

The plan to was get up super early to watch the military parade on Champs-Elysees. But that was quickly vetoed towards the end of the previous evening, by me. However, when I got up at 10, I decided that I'd make an attempt at see the parade anyway. By the time I got anywhere near the Champs, it was almost 11:30. However, I did get to see the military vehicles as they left the parade so it was like our own little parade.

I also saw the parachuters landing, a couple helicopters, and men dressed in various military attire.

Later, I went to Montmatre and visited the Dali museum - still as wonderful as I remembered it. I look a gabillion pictures there.

Then I went to the museum of eroticism. It was big but definitely not as inclusive as the one in Amsterdam. There was a crazy Japanese extremist expo on the top 3 floors - some very ick.

For the fireworks, I went to the top of the building where my lab is and had a great view of the Eiffel tower and the surrounding fireworks. Great choice of locale!! (there was a concert on the Champs de Mars, but surely that would have been too crowded for sanity)

No comments: