4/24/2010

A peaceful Saturday morning

It is 9am. I'm sitting on the porch of the Castel Enchante (what a pretentious name for a private room rental place). But nonetheless, it is a gorgeous view of the countryside surrounded by a garden a little chirpping birds. Breakfast menu - cafe au lait, pain au chocolat, bread with chestnut creamed spread. This is the life. If only real life were this peaceful and relaxing. I guess we wouldn't appreciate the vacations otherwise.

I really enjoy driving on the highway in France (maybe it's like this in Spain too). I think it's the law in the US to only pass on the left also but of course no one really follows rules in the US. Here, highway driving is great, drive on the right and pass on the left, the flow is very predictable and not crazy lane hoppers like in the US. Of course, the tiny windy streets with many hills, that's a whole other challenge altogether. But I think I've finally gotten the hang of this stick shift thing. Not stalling out at red lights nearly as much :)

Signing off from France. Next destination Figueres where the Dali museum is, on my way to Barcelona.

No comments: