4/26/2010

4-24 France to Spain

I was sad to leave France today, but it's probably good that I not eat any more foie gras.

On the way to Barcelona, stopped in Figueres for the Dali Theater-Museum. He's such a weirdo.
The Museum itself was set up in a weird way where the path through it isn't so linear, but I guess that's to be expected with Dali. There was also an exhibition of the jewelery he designed and there was item that was particularly crazy and interesting. It was a a pin of a crown set on a red heart, but the center of the heart actually beat as if it were a real heart. I got video of that - super creepy.




Oh and, I definitely cannot speak Spanish. I tried at one point but no Spanish comes out. I actually ended up speaking to the people in Figueres in French because so many of the people around me were French anyway.

The rest of the day was spent driving to the hotel Barcelona and chilling before picking up Antonio at the airport. Notably, I had dinner at the hotel with a British couple and had interesting discussions with them. They were a retired couple who seem to travel a lot. They had just spent 3 weeks in Spain and were off to France to spend a couple more weeks. Sounds like a good life.

No comments: