7/31/2018

Diving day 2

We woke up to a storm this morning with the island covered in clouds and heavy rain. We thought our dive day would be cancelled. However, the rain slowed over the morning hours and we were able to do all 3 dives.

I rented an underwater camera for the day - canon G15 - and took some great shots.

Dive 1 - Gaya Gardens - I was getting used to the camera and took a lot of background/coral shots as well as random fish pictures. Not sure if I missed any cool fish sightings.



Dive 2 - Pyramids - we started off by seeing a black tipped shark! and then a huge lobster, cuttlefish, stingray, and a burrfish, and a school of barracudas





Dive 3 - Ron's Reef - best dive yet! We saw cuttlefish, a stingray, lots of lionfish (in their proper habitat!), burrfish, batfish, black spotted pufferfish, porcupine fish, and a seahorse!! I'm so happy.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I know I should not panick if I see a Shark!

Lily said...

It all depends on the type of shark and how close you are. But in general I'm just excited to see a shark.

Ellen said...

You saw a seahorse! Awesome. Looks like you had a fabulous trip.