2/20/2017

Remembering Bonaire

It's always sad to leave Bonaire but it's slightly better because I know I'll be back.  Den Laman was definitely the best place I've stayed - beautiful waterfront apartment that was super spacious with a full kitchen, on-site dive shop, private pier with tanks and rinse tanks on the pier, waterfront restaurant and a friendly front desk staff.  I'll definitely stay there again.  Dive friends has been expanding and now in addition to having 5 locations for rentals/tanks there's also a retail shop - while overpriced compared to the US, is fully stocked with anything you might need for diving/snorkeling/swimming.  I love the convenience of Dive Friends and would definitely use them again.  I had booked my car through Avis via Expedia but that was a poor choice because Avis ran out of car and I had to get one from BP (Pays-Bas) which wasn't as nice though the line was faster.

Sebastian's was a fantastic restaurant - that's where we had dinner the final night.  The food was great. My favorite was the octopus quesadillas. The waterfront seating was fantastic and it's location was secluded and beautiful.  I'll have to book extra early next time to get the pier table.  I also really liked La Cantina. The prices for the fish market fresh catches were great and my whole snapper was super delicious as were our amuse bouches.  The salt-encrusted dorade at Ingridients was just as good as I remembered it.  The food at Breeze 'n Bites (on-site restaurant at Den Laman) was ok but the location was great.

view from our table at Sebastian's


really yummy octopus quesadillas 
tuna steak


red snapper

mango souflee with pepper ice cream
 Some final views of the island:









No comments: