2/16/2017

Dive day 5

2/16/17 - Dive 1 Karpata, Dive 2 Boka Slaghbai, Dive 3 - night dive at Bari's Reef

Today we went to Karpata. The entry was annoying as usual but not the great difficulty everyone makes it out to be.  It was beautiful as always. I saw many lettuce slugs. They were beautiful! I saw a large lionfish, porcupinefish, and a very large grouper.  But the schools of fish were beautiful. As soon as we got out this guy saw a little turtle :(

Then we drove up into the protected park up north for our second dive.  We saw flamingoes finally (I didn't see any one the trip down south though I saw a couple in flight during my dives on the east coast.  We dove Boka Slagbai.  The drive was much worse than I remembered it.  The last bit was horrible - I kept asking when it would be over.  I thought we were going to break an axle!

The dive itself was ok.  Initially I thought it was crap because the landscape was pretty barren but then we turned a corner and saw all the nice coral.  We saw a scorpionfish, some really big fish I didn't recognize, brittle stars and a flounder.

The final dive was a night dive.  No octopus :( We did see some spotted morays, a lobster, many arrow crabs and a hermit crab.  We also saw a variety of sea cucumbers.

 Feeding Frenzy
 Lionfish
Lettuce slug

scorpionfish

brittle star starfish

Schooling


A gaggle of flamingoes

one after another

spotted moray eel

Arrow crab vanishing

lobster

Catch a tiger by the tail

Cowfish

No comments: