2/19/2017

Dive Day 6 - last day of diving for this trip :(b

2-17-17: Dive 1 The Lake, Dive 2 Salt Pier

Dive 1 - I think I've only been to the Lake once before.  It's towards the northern end of the double reef system and the sandy area between the 2 reefs opens up to appear like a lake.  It's a really beautiful formation underwater.  We saw 4 very large baracudas and 3 drumfish. I saw a spotted snake eel out and about with a friend.  It was a great dive. 

Dive 2 - When I went to talk to the dive shop about dive sites, I was told that we're allowed to dive the salt pier whenever there's no boat docked there (I don't know if I've forgotten that info or if I never knew that.) so I really wanted to explore it. I've only been to the Salt Pier at night before and it was a great dive.  I was hoping for turtles but we didn't see any :( (though the people coming up did - just missed it again) I'm thinking I used up my quota of turtles by going to the east side :P  We saw  innumerable baracudas though! The dive was really amazing.  Around the supports of the salt pier, there were so many schools of fish!  It was really beautiful watching them schooling and playing around the posts.  The coolest thing however was this HUGE green moray eel that was freely swimming over the deeper part of the reef.  We were able to watch him for minutes and I got a picture but from a bit away so it's hard to see him. It was one of the most incredible things I've seen.  I am really happy to have ended my dives at this spot. It was a really new and special experience, would definitely go again!!

baracuda

drumfish

Queen Angelfish
French Angelfish



spotted snake eel with friend

cool coral formation at salt pier

free swimming giant green moray eel!!

schooling



trunkfish


filefish

queen parrotfish (I'm sorry I've been calling this a stoplight parrotfish but I just found out it's a queen instead)

No comments: