2/13/2017

First dive day!

I went on 2 boat dives today. The first was on Klein Bonaire called Carl's Hill.  It was a wall dive but we didn't go very deep.  It was my first time out with my double strobe set up but that didn't even happen because one of the strobes had a battery problem so I was only able to use one (but had to balance both :( ).  It was really nice to be back in the ocean with all the fishies.  I was really fascinated by the christmas tree worms for some reason. I saw some lionfish (my divemaster only hunts them on weekends), a baby eel and a couple other eels including one that was swimming in the open, and a drumfish that was very camera shy.  Here's some shots:

Trumpetfish

Stoplight Parrotfish



 Christmas Tree worms
Baby Eel



Shy Drumfish

Had happy hour at the hotel with free rum punch while watching the sunset.

Then we had an amazing dinner at La Cantina.  They were fully booked but were able to offer us a high table - not sure why those aren't regular tables.  I got a whole red snapper again - really love the stuff! This place also had a lot of in between courses. It was very yummy. Highly recommend.

No comments: