5/17/2014

More pics from Vienna

I went to so many cafes in Vienna. They were all charming in their own way.

This was at Cafe Sperl. There were many negative reviews about this place being stuffy and having rude waitstaff but I didn't find this to be true at all. I thought it was great and relaxing. I stayed for almost 2 hours just slow eating/drinking and reading my book.
Cheesecake strudel and cappuccino with cream

 Walking through stadtpark...
statue of Strauss

Meierei am Stadtpark/Steirereck overlooking the river
 I had dinner at Meierei am Stadtpark - the sister restaurant of 2 Michelin star restaurant Steirereck. The service was rude but the meal was excellent.

Beef goulash with leek roulade

selection of Austrian cheeses
 For my final dinner in Vienna, I went to a bistro/pub called Brezl "pretzel".  It was built on the site of a Roman building and the place has a lot of history.


small dumpling in beercheese and fried onions
 I loved running into random street markets, especially if they included music:


Around the corner was Cafe Central - very touristy but amazing cakes!!


Cafe central cake and coffee


Hofburg
 I love the beauty of the random places in Vienna.  Here is a random passageway:



No comments: