11/03/2013

Our first dive - Cha Cha Reef (house reef)

This was my first dive on this trip.  It was on the house reef of Dive Inn Dive Friends which is one of the 5 locations that my dive shop has.  We were lured there with stories of seahorses – a pregnant one too!  So of course we headed there.  Visibility wasn’t great because it has been a little stormy over the past few days and it poured a couple times earlier in the morning.  It took a little getting to being underwater again. 

Yes, we did see a seahorse and it was huge!! Sorry, no pictures since it was my first dive and it’s nice not having a camera my first time out.  Hopefully, we’ll make another trip to the site and get pictures then.  Oh, also, I got certified for nitrox today so it was also my first nitrox dive.
            
Another awesome thing we saw was this octopus – not big, about 6 inches in diameter – but the special thing about it was that it was completely on the reef just chilling out, in broad daylight! Of course, after I was there for a bit, I spooked it and it went into hiding inside a reef.  All in all, it was a great first dive. 
            
A great thing about our resort is that it has its own dive site (as in its beach leads out to Bari Reef).  Therefore, we’re just going to chill out for a bit and then head out and dive our local reef – there’s tanks right by the water! This will also be amazing for night dives.

            
The sun is out and it’s not too windy so hopefully the visibility will improve.

No comments: