11/06/2013

forgot to post 11-5-13

Today we went to Klein Bonaire – the island off the main island that’s uninhabited and in all the times that I’ve been to Bonaire, I’ve never been to this small island.  Our 2 dive sites were Forrest and South Bay.  The reef there was great – in much better shape than by the main island.  We saw 2 turtles – a baby one and then a large one with barnacles.  I saw perhaps the largest lionfish I’ve ever seen.  We saw a school of squid, they were too far for pictures L In general, the reef was much more pristine on Kein Bonaire.  I’ve definitely noticed a decrease in big marine life on my dives this year. However, I can’t tell if this is just a consequence of the recent storms. However, there are tons of schools of small fish so maybe this does not portend to a barren future. 

Dive pictures will be posted later today.


We watched the sunset from the pier again and had dinner at the Mona Lisa which was as good as we remember it.  I had a super fluffy and light mango cheesecake.

funny cactus

View from our resort

Iguana enjoying the view and the sun

Boats at sunset

Fish (baracuda, dorado, tuna) and shrimp

Mango cheesecake with mango sorbet

No comments: