12/31/2008

from Nanjing

Sorry for the extended period of silence - no internet in the land of the Red. Which may be a good thing since I had been thinking that I wouldnt be able to say much anyway for fear of censorship or...

In any case, I am living in Nanjing, or more accurately in the suburbs of Nanjing, it's a nice newly constructed apartment and they thought to put heating in the bedrooms but the rest of the apartment is as cold as outdoors, about 40F. I even had to go out and buy long underwear, ewww.

I went visiting places with a tour group on Tuesday and yesterday went to this huge outdoor marketplace to buy little trinkets. I spent all day shopping and bought tons of stuff but still didnt spend more than $100, sigh, going to a department store today, will try to spend more :)

Happy new year to all!!

See you soon and I'll post pictures more write more when get back to the US - SAturday.

No comments: