12/26/2008

Last day in Tokyo and Japan

My feet are done with Japan, and being upright. I'm actually looking forward to my planeride and train ride from Japan to China. Way too much walking on the uneven gravelly roads around the touristy places.
Something I forgot to share yesterday:

Only the cutest dog ever - Hatchida - apparently, he belonged to some guy who took the train to work everyday from the Shibuya station everyday and everyday he would go wait for his master to come home at the train station. One day, the guy died at work but the dog continued going to the station to wait for him until his own eventual death 10 years later. How adorable!!


Oh, and a preview of me in a ceremonial kimono. I don't have the high quality pix because my dad has them on his camera so I had to take a picture of the LCD display on his camera.

Today we went to the fish market and saw a ridiculous number of fish. And huge ones!!

They use jigsaws to cut the fish into pieces. Crazy. Then we had sushi there, and yes it was super fresh, but apparently the meal made my dad feel ick so I guess he's sworn off sushi forever.

We spent a day looking at technology. We went to the Sony building to play with all their computers and cameras and stuff. Then we went to a robotics store and I got to play with a Pleo - I've always wanted to see what they were like. And they're every bit as wonderful as I imagined. I'm totally going to get one - they're on sale on Amazon for less than $200!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9175994945643611212

(sorry, I can't read the Japanese to get the html script so this runs on the page)

Can't wait!!

Not sure what's for dinner yet but obviously not sushi though I wouldn't mind another run at the sushi boats.

Oh, in anime city - also where the electronic stores are - girls dressed like anime characters. Apparently, there's even cafes where you get served by anime girls too. Weirdos.



No comments: