12/22/2008

Day 2 in Japan

Today I saw way too many temples. It:s just one blurry onslaught of Japanese temples. Supposedly, there:re different too, like Shinto vs Buddhist, but I dont know anymore. Plus, a ridulous amount of walking. But that:s probably my own fault since I kept insisting on walking up the steep steps to all the little temples in the hills.

I went to the Gion district in Kyoto today, but didn:t see any real Geishas, I think. But that would be hard of course since there are less than 100 of them or something like that. I did see some women dressed up in Kimonos and some made up too. I guess that:s good enough.

I went to dinner at this Japanese restaurant with hot pots. It turned out that our chef dude was Chinese which made ordering vastly easier.

It makes my dad really happy that he can read all the signs in Kanji and he likes to read them to me and insist on the Chinese pronounciation of everything which of course doesn:t help me since I:m reading the Japanese names in Latin letters...

Himeji tomorrow...

No comments: