3/10/2024

New Zealand - day 7

Swimming with the dolphins - amazing!! I had to pick between the dusky dolphins of Kaikoura versus the Hector dolphins of Akaroa. I ended up picking dusky dolphins in Kaikoura because they are more interactive. Everything they advertised was true! You truly get to swim with the wild dolphins and they play with you and do acrobatics! We must have seen over 100. But as a special treat, we saw orcas as we set off to find the dolphins! I took so many pictures and videos! Only a couple to share for now.

orcas


The scenery was also beautiful. I wanted to stay there forever.

Next week we had lunch by the beach. The famous Kaikoura crayfish (lobster) and green mussels. 

Saw another seal by the beach.

My favorite ice cream bar

Raspberry Coke!! So good!

Then the drive to Akaroa. Long but beautiful towards the end.

Dinner at Ma Maison - fantastic!!

No comments: