1/14/2012

Departure - at JFK

This terminal is surprisingly international. Of course there's the requisite duty free at the entrance but I was impressed by the multilingual workers there. I heard some Mandarin, French and possibly Dutch.  For food choices, in addition to the hot dog stand, offerings include sushi, baklava and others.  It's a good representation of what NYC has to offer.  I approve!

Just got on the plane. It's the A380 and it's super nice. I have a window seat and next to me there are little side compartments which basically means I have and extra 5 inches of arm room and a little window sill for my stuff. How cozy!! They also have varying sizes of overhead compartments.  We had to search for a super roomy one for my bag.  But it was a pleasant experience as the stewardess (steward? M?) was French and very pleasant.

It's so good to hear people speaking French. I need to head back to France again soon, before I get too rusty. Maybe next trip will be Bordeaux wine country - anyone interested?

No comments: