5/07/2010

5-7-10 last dive day, last day in Mexico :(

Today was our last day diving and in Mexico. I can't believe it's gone by so quickly!!

Yesterday, I found out about this dolphin trainer for a day program they have in Cancun where you can play with dolphins and learn what a trainer does for 8 hrs. I had originally thought this would cost a ridiculous amount of money but learned yesterday that it's less than $200 in Cancun which is many times cheaper than the US programs offering similar packages or lesser packages. Now I regret not having known about this earlier and having signed up. I guess I'll just have to return to Mexico for that.

Today we went on 2 ocean dives with Condor - our favorite dive master. He's quirky and fun but most importantly knows where all the fish/marine animals are. During our first dive, he promised a loggerhead turtle and voila, there it was! Then for the second dive I requested lots of turtles so he said at least 4, and indeed he pointed out 4 separate turtle sightings (though I suspect we saw the same turtle twice) - but still, incredible!! We saw lots of lionfish again, many lobster, and really beautiful schooling fish. Some pictures from the dive:
loggerhead turtle -
Angelfish -
Condor welcoming lobsters out of their cave -
Lionfish camouflaged -
Trunkfish -
One of the many turtles of the day -
"Yum yum" - says the feeding turtle

I can't believe my 3 weeks have flown by so quickly. Especially these Mexico days - it's gone by faster than usual. It was a lot of fun of course but maybe I did too much diving and not enough relaxing.

Back home tomorrow. Thanks for following my blog. Until next vacation!

No comments: