5/05/2010

5-5-10

Apparently, it's cinco de mayo but I didn't know that until just now when accosted by some clowns in a corridor of the resort, making balloon animals.

We went diving again today, yay!! It was pretty awesome. Our 2 sites were Morgan's Reef and Lobster reef. We saw a turtle of course, Akumal being Mayan for turtle place. We saw lots of lobsters at lobster reef. And most importantly, I figured out what was wrong with my strobe flash so my pictures have improved some. Enjoy!
Requisite turtle photo -
beautiful lionfish shot -
Lobster - really close up!!
peek-a-boo fish
Lily fish
I saw a wedding party on the beach today. Apparently one of the sunbathers complained that they were ruining his vacation by being on the beach and disturbing his tranquility - dweeb.

We went to one of their a la carte restaurants for dinner - Don Pablo - really quite good. I've actually been generally impressed by the quality of food here so far. Plus it's all free!!

More cenotes tomorrow, and a night dive. Will be a busy day!

No comments: