5/17/2009

Day 1 - morning dive + afternoon dive

We got off to a great start today with a morning orientation dive and an awesome afternoon dive. It took me a while to get back into the swing of things and get used to being underwater again. Having put on sunblock and thus having my mask lead was not helpful. Neither was trying to figure out the best way to carry and take pictures with my camera + external flash. So I didn't see anything too awesome during the first dive. But the first dive is almost never very productive.

After diving, we drove into the city for nourishment. We had lunch at Watta Burger (how fitting), and it was very yummy, surely enhance by our hunger.

Then after lazying around a bit at the hotel we headed off to our second dive at Pink Beach. This time, no mask issues, and I was getting the hang of the camera setup. We saw many eels, tiny baby ones to big intimidating ones, a gimpy turtle with a bite taken out of his shell (he looks like he'll make it though, he's a fighter), scorpion fish, and sea cucumbers, and a tiger's tail. A very excellent dive. And the on shore, we chased after a flamingo (it was better than us though).

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. Sorry I haven't had a chance to fix them up yet, no good editing software on my EEE.



No comments: