5/20/2009

5-20-09 after dark

I am still freaked out by tarpon at night. I know they're harmless but I hate how big they are with their flowing eyes, and how they follow you around. On our night dive tonight, there were 3 of them, and they were always surrounding us. Super creepy.

FYI - as I'm sitting here on the dock enjoying the evening breeze and internet connection, I just saw some fireworks in town. How cool! They just lasted a minute but still very cool.

Our night dive was great as usual, except for freaky tarpons of course. Now that I know there are so many of them and how shallow they swim, I'm looking down in the water around the dock and see many of them. I don't like them they should be banned from my night dives.

Apparently I was wrong about this whole last day of diving tomorrow thing. Guess I got myself an extra day w/o even knowing it. Friday should be last day diving.

Here are some pictures from today:

hogfish? not sure yet, gotta look it up tomorrow
cowfishlittle eelflying flamingosscorpionfish

No comments: