6/21/2019

Day 4 of diving Taveuni - Rainbow Reef

The diving was amazing as always. We did our first dive at The Ledge and second dive at Jerry's Jelly. The trouble with diving here is there's so many fish that I get distracted from looking for other critters. I did get some cool nudibranch photos though. I'm still trying to figure out my new underwater camera - Olympus TG5. I don't think I'm using it to it's full potential yet.

Before the dives, we were greeted with dolphins again but this time they were jumping fully out of the water! I didn't know that they did this is nature. I thought it was just a trick we made them do for aquarium shows. It was incredible. And they can do it synchronized too.

We saw 2 sharks. One actually swam towards me while I was taking a video and really scared me. But I think then I scared it and it swam away.

Also on the second dive, there was an amazing overpass where we let the current carry us over the top of the reef. I took a video. There were so many red and blue little fish!

The most incredible dive of the day however was the night dive. Best night dive ever! I saw an eel, 2 crabs, a bunch of nudibranches and sea slugs, but coolest of all was 2 octopi (octopuses?) mating!! They changed colors and there was a bit of chasing each other around the reef. Tentacles from one into the other... It was amazing. Unfortunately my camera was low on battery so I only got some pictures, no video :(
Best night dive ever!!

No comments: