4/27/2013

Flying back

Again, I'm impressed by the free wifi in both the Edinburgh and Dublin airports.

Something of note - after getting off my flight to Dublin, they asked us to board the second bus if we were headed to the US. On the way we were given our US customs forms. We then entered an area called pre-clearance for the US. It was just like customs and immigration in the US. I had checked my bags through to NYC and at the immigration window they showed me a picture of my bag on a carousel and asked if it was mine. I said yes and he pressed the button allowing the bag to be loaded into the plane. How interesting! Very sophisticated! I can only hope I don't have to go through immigration and customs again in the US but somehow I'm skeptical...

I have arrived in the US. No further immigration or customs. Very nice. Only thing is that the customs pre boarding makes the transfer time a but tight, no chance to shop.

(Photos to follow in a later post)

No comments: