1/05/2022

Hawaii - the big island of Hawai'i

The Covid has definitely put a damper on international travel. Normally when I think of fun in the sun and scuba diving, I think of the Caribbean, Mexico, or the south Pacific. But this year, it's the big island of Hawaii. I had a hard time picking an island. Maui versus Big Island. I did the research, asked around, and ultimately went with my gut and picked the Big Island. I did it for the better diving, the manta ray dive!, the volcano national park and a belief that it would be less popular than Maui. I don't know if the third panned out as there's a ton of people here but maybe even more in Maui? I rented a condo and a car - more expensive than anywhere else!! How does anyone in Hawaii afford Hawaii prices?

It's amazing staying next to the water, listening to the crashing waves and having little turtles and fish come check out our tidal pools.

No comments: