5/03/2021

Zion - Angel's Landing

After doing the Narrows the previous day, we decided to complete other of the "strenuous" hikes with Angel's Landing. We stayed overnight in the Zion lodge and the air was so cool and refreshing in the morning we stayed a bit longer to enjoy the cabin. 

We started on trail around 8:30 and there was already a lot of people on the hike. Some people must have started before 6am to be heading down the trail by then. 

I know I'm totally fearful of heights so I knew I might not be able to finish. I got past the first rocky area with chains but did not attempt the second part. But still, the views were amazing! I ended up sitting on a beautiful precipice while the rest of my party did the vertiginous portion. I was able to chat with 2 others who were sitting out the scary climb. While waiting we saw maybe 20 vultures flying around. Maybe it's mating season?

The hike was fantastic and I'm glad I got as far as I did. 

No comments: