12/31/2018

Snowshoeing and hot springs

Today we went on a third snowshoeing adventure. It has been snowing since yesterday evening and there's a beautiful blanket of snow making everything appear sparkling and soft. We took a round about trek through the mountains and Meadows and even a bit uphill on the downhill ski slopes.

It's always amazing how Serene everything is in the snow covered forest. Nothing but the crunch of snow underfoot.

After this snow trek, we left the mountain resort and descended to the downtown area of Glenwood Springs which is only at 5700ft elevation. Still high but felt better already. I remembered that my Samsung phone can measure oxygen saturation so I've been compulsively checking on my treks to make sure I take a break when I'm below 80% which happene quite a bit while hiking.

Our next destination was the hot springs of Glenwood Springs. Supposedly, it's the largest outdoor hot springs pool. The larger of the pools contains over 1 million gallons of water. It's so amazing to soak in the pools at 104F  while it snows and surrounded by snow covered mountains. Amazing



No comments: