8/02/2018

Alas, heading home

This was definitely the best vacation yet. I did a bit of everything: trekking with a little hiking, seeing animals and birds that I have never seen before, staying in some of the oldest and best preserved rainforest in the world, getting great shots with the Canon 100-400mm lens, riding along the Kinabatangan River and seeing animals day and night, scuba diving in the South Pacific, and getting pampered in the Pacific Club at the Pacific Sutera Hotel.

I've learned what it's like to trek in 100% humidity. Fortunately there aren't so many mosquitos in the primary forest because they have many predators - insects and bats. I've learned to start spotting animals in the wild on our walks around Abai Jungle Lodge and MY nature resort where we took self let tours on the boardwalk there. I've learned how amazing it is to swim under a cool waterfall at the end of a hike. I've learned to spot nudibranches amongst the Borneo colorful corals.

Where to next?

No comments: