12/04/2017

Day 1+2 of diving

It's been a number of years since my last trip to Cozumel. I had forgotten how strong the currents can be on the drift dives (though nothing compared to that last dive in Thailand). These first 4 dives have been great, although I have yet to see any eagle rays, despite it being eagle ray season. On our first dive, we missed this group of 4 rays while we were in swim throughs. However, we have seen 5 turtles, 2 sharks, and 2 Cozumel splendid toadfish.
The water is super clear though I think there's definitely less marine life than when I first certified here in 2004. They tell me that the hurricane that swept through here about 10 years ago really your up the reefs but they're starting to recover.
I'm diving with blue project Cozumel and it's been very good. I picked them because they do small boats with more personalized attention and later pickups (8-9am). On our first day, we got a private divemaster. On our second day we had 4 in the group but the divemaster let the ones who were low on air surface together and I got to stay under a bit longer. I stayed down so long on the second dive, I almost reached deco time!
I still have my 10 yr old sealife camera which still works but I'm looking to upgrade soon.
Pictures to be uploaded below:

Swim throughs:


Sea anemone

Cozumel Splendid Toadfish

Big turtle

Hey, what'you looking at?

Mommy sea lettuce and baby sea lettuce

Nurse Shark

Baracuda head

Didn't get the fish I was aiming for but this picture is still nice

No comments: