6/27/2017

Day 5 reprise

We stayed in Roussillon and started the day with a walk through town.  I know that the area is famous for the mining of ocre in the past and now has become mainly a tourist attraction as the mining has stopped but had no idea how beautiful the ocre landscape was.  I have included a couple pictures below but honestly, none of them do justice to the magnificent panorama of colors we saw.

Here are some pictures from my camera.






It was like being a in a wonderland of color.  I couldn't believe such colors could be natural.  It's no wonder the area has been significantly mined for paint pigments and other decorates arts.

They also had some really interesting pottery techniques in the area and I bought a couple samples (pictures to come at conclusion of trip).

We then drove to Saignon which I think is a ridiculous name since it sounds like saignant (which means bleeding) but maybe you'll tell me it looks like Saigon. In any case, we went for the medieval castle ruins overlooking lavender fields. I love castles.  The panorama was beautiful.





No comments: