8/17/2014

Bershires continued

 Our final concert at Tanglewood was a Tchaikovsky rehearsal featuring Yo-Yo Ma. Having seen him in rehearsal last year I knew that seeing him in rehearsal again would be quite delightful.  Of course he's amazing in concert but he's so entertaining in rehearsal.  Particularly entertaining this time was this time when he was distracting the first violins while the conductor was trying to go over a difficult spot.  The conductor asked him - Yo-Yo, can you see me from there, as his back was turn towards the conductor.


On our final evening at the lake house, we took a boat ride at dusk.  The water was so calm and the views were beautiful as we watched the sun set.



I also discovered a glasswork studio that had glass blowing lessons and took a 1hr lesson. I made 2 pieces - a drinking glass and a paperweight.  It was lots of fun. I can't wait to try it again.

paperweight

No comments: