6/05/2011

6-5-2011 Cozumel

Today was our 3rd day of diving. The day greeted us with dark cloudy skies – boo. We went to San Francisco wall for our first dive because I said I wanted to see sharks, but alas, no sharks for us. Supposedly there was a distant big turtle but I couldn’t make it out. Lots of beautiful angelfish again. The lighting was difficult, esp because my strobe was on the fritz during this dive. There were arrow crabs galore on this dive and I had to have a picture of almost every one. I did so much swimming around that I actually had to watch my air at the end – a first.

Dive #2 was at three palms, another wall area leading to a sandy area dotted by little reef patches. Of note there was one particular patch that contained at least 10 lobsters, probably many more. There were also many shrimp to be seen, and a possible toadfish?!?





I believe I accidentally caught a Cozumel exclusive - toadfish - in this picture!

I hope the weather’s better tomorrow, mainly for better color for pictures.

After diving we returned to the hotel for lunch and hot tubbing as it continued to rain and be somewhat cold. Nevertheless, quite relaxing.

Dinner at the fancier restaurant again tonight. Here’s a picture from last night’s dinner – taken of pool outside restaurant from inside restaurant with reflection of waiter in back.




No comments: